GLIDING CLUB AGM / DINNER 2003
Lasham Club House, Sat, 1 st Feb 2003
- Approval of Minutes
- Chairman’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Discussion on Club structure, fees etc
- Election of Offices
Received from: Tony Baker
Approval of Minutes
Huge thanks to Terry in particular for managing the money and coping with my poor admin again ! And to Mike E for continuing to manage the website, chase around the country delivering and collecting kit (like the new GPS). To Mike E and John D for continuing to care for 177 and DGK.
Thanks to everyone for making it another fine year, and for coming to the AGM, good to see so many familiar faces.
And thank you to all the Cross Country members who’s contribution makes a significant impression to the IBM club. I hope you will continue support in 2003.
- Overall a good year for flying with both gliders being used for more than our recent average time
- Most flying came from John Dunman over 28 hours in DGK
- Longest flight: Nichol 301km in comps!
- 177 finished 7 th in the comps; thanks to Dennis Powell, Mike Evans and Nichol who shared flying / crewing.
- 177 OK: now re-gelled and wurdikinds (sic) connector have been installed
Now needs some work to pass CofA, in plan to complete in Feb
- DGK OK: Now needs some work to pass CofA, in plan to complete in Feb, then rewiring the cockpit will be done before the season really gets going
- New GPS, logger, parachute, batteries (now 4) chargers (2 )
- Trailers need some work – when the weather improves (de-rusting, running gear, rear door and dolly wheel (on 177’s), vent on at least DGKs)
- 177 is now on the Lasham Regional Comps waiting list (19-27/7). Anyone wishing to fly please let Nichol know asap, open to all; we will have a ballot. Open to ideas about how best to assign places.
- Trip to Jaca – yo ! Anyone else going let Richard Whitaker or Douglas Knox know
- Terry is happy to take people for AirEx on Fridays, by arrrangement;
- Encourage AirEx eves, get people on to evening courses, tell your friends about us
Treasurers Report (update due from Terry)
- 2003 was a reasonable with Terry just balancing the running budget, and we had some good news from the IBM Club treasure about slightly increased fees for 03!
- Fees will remain unchanged in 2003,
- Capital expenditure was released by the IBM club to make the changes mentioned above, so we now have a safe and well equipped fleet
- The outlook is that we will continue to remain viable, barring serious emergency expenditure
- New scheme (Syndicate/Club split) still seems to be working and will be continued in 2003
- Don’t forget flying member subs due now.
2002-03 Income /Expenditure
Income 2002 2003
Expenditure 2002 2003
Full 805 805
Retired 1109 1109
Guests 160 160
IBM Grant 1062 1500
Flying fees 647 680
TOTAL 3783 4254
Insurance 1902 2000
Trailerage 1270 1310
BGA/CoA 120 140
Misc 491 500
TOTAL 3783 3950
Discussion on Club Structure, fees etc
- To help schedule access to gliders, if you are a Syndicate member please let me know when you CANNOT fly – so we can publish availability on the website.
- Requirements for club success – keep Web-site ( http://www.ibmgliding.org.uk ) up to date and interesting, so send to Mike Evans articles, photos and other ideas.
- update the notice board at Lasham (Mike)
- follow up on all ‘leads’, enquiries
- release more information about the club through marketing
- better comms between midweek flyers. Terry will publish phone numbers.
- better comms with new members once they are involved (buddies)
- better comms within the club about processes and tasks – to help share
- encourage your friends, relatives, pets to look at the web site:
Election of Offices
All posts are available to volunteers, to take over from current Officers (in brackets).
Elected were: Chairman (Nichol Riggott); Treasurer (Terry Salter); Secretary and comms. Officer (Mike Evans); ‘Glider Carers’, for DGK (John Dunman) and 177 (Mike Evans). Douglas Knox agreed to continue as parachute ‘marshal’, to ensure they stay in date (ideal as he is an ex parachutist)?
See summary in 4. above. Any further comments, suggestions or whatever please contact one of the committee. Have a Great 2003, Nichol
To contact the club about these minutes or anything else related to the club please use the following:
CHAIRMAN: Nichol Riggott, firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 020 7202 6243
Home: 023 923 46005
TREASURER: Terry Salter, email@example.com
SECRETARY: Mike Evans, firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated figures from Terry’s at the AGM – new club grant included